Thursday, June 7, 2012

Ireland, Dublin Part 1

I've decided the best way to write about Ireland is to break it up. It being my "homeland" I feel the need to say many a thing about how awesome it is :)
*Before I start I wanted to share two thoughts if you are considering going to Ireland. One, you will need more than 4 days. I felt like we had just barely scratched the surfice. And two, Drive! Especially if you have a GPS. We decided not to take toll roads and saw so many beautiful little Irish towns.*

So we begin out Journey with Ryanair. Ryanair is great because it gives you the chance to fly to so0o many places for a small amount of money. Jon and I were about to get roundtrip tickets to Ireland for under 80 pounds total ( that's about $120) And at times they offer even cheaper flights.
What is the catch you ask?.. Well Ryanair charges quite a bit for a checked bag so just having a carryon is your best option. The catch with the carryon, Ryanair requires that your carryon be smaller then what most other airlines require See here . If it's too big they immediately make you check it.. and that it at least 50 pounds or $75. The other way they get you is with your boarding pass.  They will charge you to print it at the airport, so make sure to print it ahead of time!


So now that you know a little bit about Ryanair I will continue with  our story. We decided to take the early flight so that we would have some time in Dublin. Left the house around 5am, got the the airport just in time. Got in the boarding line only to find out I couldn't take my purse with me. Apparently their one bag limit included purses. So we then empty my huge purse into our two bags and were on our way!
We arrived in Dublin before nine which was great because that meant breakfast! We parked the car in a garage and went in search of food because we were starving! we found a cute place called Bewley's and it was pretty tasty.  One of the things I love about being over here is the street performers. They are almost always crazy talented artists who do it to share their love for art not to make money. And it just so happened that right outside of Bewleys was a very talented violinist :) .
So we enjoyed his music while we ate :).
After lunch is was time to find St. Patrick's Cathedral . Why you ask? Well my super talented cousin Erin and the fabulous Rhode Island College Chamber Choir were performing there! So as much as I wanted to go to Ireland, Erin was one of the main reasons we went when we did.


  



RIC did such a wonderful job. Here is a little snippet of my cousin performing in a quartet with the group :) she's the one all the way to the left.

Oh heck one more
What can I say? i have a very talented family and I like to brag about it :)  Great Job RIC.




Next up; Part 2- Leprechaun Museum ( I kid you not), delicious dinner and French Rugby men, lost car, and brass band flash mob














No comments:

Post a Comment